||Oracle 11g and 12c, Oracle Enterprise Manager/Cloud Control 12c, RMAN, Data Guard, ASM, Teamwork, Curiosity, and Communication.
||7 - 7 Yrs
|| Austin, Texas, United States of America
• Communicate clearly and effectively using written and verbal communication methods.
• Cultivate strong working relationships with personnel in other IT and Business groups.
• Coordinate closely with Staff DBAs for project planning and implementation.
• Perform database monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning.
• Oracle Data Guard configuration and management.
• Implement and resolve RMAN back-up and recovery processes.
• Apply Patches and Upgrades to Oracle 11g and 12c installations.
• Manage database user accounts and passwords.
• Adhere to Compliance standards.
• Manage Oracle ASM environments.
• Manage and maintain databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Develop automated solutions to everyday tasks using BASH/SHELL/SQL/PLSQL scripts.
• Install and maintain database products including patching and upgrading of environments.
• Coordinate with software vendor technical support.
• Coordinate and implements changes to development, test, and production environments.
• Knowledge of Oracle ZDLRA Backup Appliances, and/or Oracle Identity Management Suite is a plus.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
• B.S. in Management Information Systems or Computer Science (4 year degree). An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
• 4+ years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible information technology work experience with various database management systems in database design, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
• 4+ years in Oracle Data Guard.
• 4+ years in Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
• 4+ years of a strong basic technical background based in Information Technology (IT) organizations.
• 4+ years in Oracle Relational Database Management.
• 2+ years with multi-terabyte databases and associated structures.
• 2+ years direct, hands-on experience with SQL/PLSQL and Unix scripting.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Experience in UNIX environments. AIX preferred.
• Must be willing to share knowledge freely and teach skills and concepts to others.
• Must be curious and willing to learn.